What Outlaw says:
The Forward WIP PROWIP Sailing Helmet is used by Outlaw crew, test pilots and on all our demo days, high quality, low weight, adjustable and as stylish as a helmet can be. Available in 3 colours - Matt black is our choice
What the manufacturer says:
The Forward WIP PROWIP Sailing Helmet is the First real Sailing helmet, Light and Stylish
Modern catamarans or other high performance boats, such as skiffs, are going faster and faster and incidents can cause significant trauma in the case of a fast deceleration or capsize.
Making a parallel with other sports like horse riding, ski or cycling, we think that helmets will become used more and more in sailing activities, where the risks of falling or impacting against dagger boards or booms are present.
Forward Sailing proposes an innovative solution with this new sailing helmet with In Mold technology (a thin skin of polycarbonate is co-injected with polystyrene foam)
This technology enables to get a very light helmet (less than 300g !) but with superior shock absorption overpassing by far the water CE norm.
- This helmet has a special shape with good ventilation and side ear cut for wind perception
- In mold construction: thin and very light
- Thermoformed foam for better comfort, each helmet is delivered with a set of thicker foam for a better fit on smaller heads
- Adjustable size thanks to the fit-system - for good comfort
- Size fit’s all 54-60cm
- Many openings for good ventilation
- Weight: less than 300g
- CE approved for Sailing